Kappa Petroleum Engineering Software
Petro Management Group is Kappa's Canadian Software Representative.
Ecrin Software is a group of petroleum engineering tools developed by Kappa Engineering in Sophia Antipolis, France. Ecrin is the software environment under which all the Kappa dynamic data analysis modules operate. These modules include a data management system (Diamant Master), a pressure transient analysis program (Saphir), a production analysis program (Topaze), a three phase, three dimensional reservoir model (Rubis), a wellbore modeling and performance analysis tool (Amethyste) and a production log analysis package (Emeraude). By running under a single executable, Ecrin provides complete interconnectivity between the modules and allows the sharing of common technical objects. All objects such as PVT, data and models are available to all modules, at any time, by drag-drop. This can be done using, amongst other methods, the versatile Ecrin browser. Incidentally, the weird name is a French thing. Ecrin is the word for jewellery box. With Ecrin you buy the gemstones, we provide the box.
- Corporate global standard users of KAPPA include BP, Chevron, Shell, ExxonMobil, Marathon, Schlumberger, Halliburton, and many more.
- The Voronoi numerical model at the core of the Ecrin suite is unique with simple up scaling between pressure transient analysis, production analysis and full field simulation by drag and drop.
- The Voronoi numerical model allows any geometry (perimeter, multiple wells, multi-phase, fault combinations etc.) to be analyzed.
- Saphir and Topaze employ an exhaustive analytical external model library.
- Connection to Rubis (simulator) sectors means Saphir can run a full 3D, three phase model with gravity effects.
- Unique fractured horizontal well model for shale gas, tight oil etc.
- Non-linear capability for variations of PVT with distance and time.
- Easy to use, highly robust, well supported with multiple examples.
- Multiple deconvolution options.
- Full interconnectivity of modules by drag-drop between PTA, PA, Simulation and WPA modules.
- ERCB PAS compliant.
- The price structure is based on number of copies held and shared resources means, for example, adding PA to PTA module is priced marginally.
- Extended free, no-obligation, software evaluation with free one or two day software orientation training in Calgary.